Monday, May 18, 2015

The Bandwagon

Oh, the bandwagon.  For those who may be unfamiliar with the term, it's negative connotation comes from people's willingness to conform to social pressures or trends.  For as long as I can remember, people have jumped on low carb, low fat, low calorie, and even gluten-free bandwagons in the attempt to drop some pounds.

Don't get me wrong, we all know I'm on a bandwagon or two.  Thankfully America's health wagon has taken a shift from carb-depleted, cardio-induced thinness to strong women who eat the right foods.  You guessed it, I prefer the latter.

Vanity isn't my purpose for conforming but, I am proud of the way my curves are shaping up. My bandwagon works for me. Thanks to it, I've made new friends and found new passions.  The problem comes when I make excuses for myself, forget the reason I started my journey, and decide it's okay jump off the wagon.  Even the bible warns about complacency.

Proverbs 1:32 tells us that fools are destroyed by their own complacency.  I've teeter-tottered within the same 10 pounds lately and have lost sight of my goal.  Today I'm making a commitment to hop on those bandwagons and get to work.  Whichever your bandwagon might be, are you ready to reflect on your "why" and recommit?




No comments:

Post a Comment