Friday, April 3, 2015

In the Meantime, Invest in Yourself

I'm notorious for running out of the house without makeup and my hair still wet. When I can, I use red lights on the way to school or my lunch break to do my makeup.  It's not that I dislike makeup, shopping and all things pink but, it's just not in my nature to prim (mostly because I like sleeping). I do, however, strongly believe that women should invest in themselves.

Far too often I talk to women who are just waiting.  Waiting to lose those last 10 pounds before they buy new jeans.  Saving that one nice outfit for a special occasion.  Waiting to build just enough of a nest egg before going on vacation.  Waiting until they aren't so busy to hang out with their friends.  No, instant gratification is not necessarily a good thing but, why do we withhold it so often?  Life is too short!  BUY THE JEANS.  Take them in if they get too big before you can buy your next pair!  Make an occasion for your outfit.  Go on vacation now!  Invest in relationships today.

I honor my goals but, I am savoring my journey.  I've invested time in myself by taking control of my health and starting a blog (I also wrote my pearls of wisdom for Style is Sizeless, click here to see my post).  These things are definitely out of my comfort zone.  Also out of my comfort zone is anything related to clothing but, I am following my own advice and investing in those jeans!  Soon I'll get to share with you all another exciting project- I'm now a contributor to The Curvy Fashionista!  Watch for my first post very soon!

She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment