Thursday, December 18, 2014

Welcome!

I was blessed to inherit my mom's "fuerza y valor," strength and valor.  Along with this blessing came the genetic inheritance of a BRCA2 gene.  This means that I have an 80% chance of having a breast cancer diagnosis.  I'm not a mathematician, but 80% is a pretty big chance.  The solution to rid my existence of the permanent dark cloud is to undergo an elective double mastectomy. The problem?  I have to lose 100 lbs before I can have this surgery.  So far, I'm 33 lbs closer!

This blog will help me stay accountable and connect to others.  It will also be a reminder to enjoy life in the meantime.

Tell me about you!  What goals are you currently working on?


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your lifestyle change and working towards a healthier You! I look forward to living this journey with you and am here to support you any way I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work!! You'll be there before ya know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say to myself, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! But for you and your new perspective on life.... I know you can, I know you can, I know you can! So proud of you and thanks for being my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete